twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Apple says Jailbreaking is Illegal!


Here's a link to the first blog post I could find.

Apparently, Apple is saying it's illegal to jailbreak an iPhone, but nothing is official yet. It's sort of ridiculous to say that customers can't do what they want to their device. In my opinion, that's like Honda saying you can't change anything under the hood on your Civic because it violates their rights. Kind of a strange position I would think.

Whatever the angle, 90% of jailbreak users only ever really use the Winterboard application to change their icons, themes, and graphics. Let's face it, just because someone owns a jailbroken iPhone doesn't mean they are necessarily interesting in running on OpenSSH servers or a SOCKS proxy.

Strange days, sometimes I think that Apple is as bad as Microsoft. We should all just switch to Linux.

P.S. I'm running a bit behind the curve, but there is an official jailbreak for firmware version 2.2.1 available over at QuickPwn, my jailbreaker of choice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment